Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dream Journal

Two days ago I made a post named Dream: Terrible Mark in Summer School, which basically described, in detail, a particular dream that I had. I was going to post an explanation as to why I would suddenly to make a post about my dream, however, I got too busy and was unable to do so until now.

Anyway, recently in summer school I have learned about dream analysis, and was a little bit fascinated by it. Therefore I have decided to try it on my own.

Obviously I am not going to make obscure and random connections, such as how my teacher linked "wearing a white shirt" with "having emotional problems" (to date I still cannot understand how this connection could be made). Instead, I am going to use my own experiences and understandings of myself to make reasonable conclusions about myself and the ways that I think or feel. For example, the Terrible Mark in Summer School dream clearly demonstrates that I despise my summer school teacher, a fact that I have been unsure of since the beginning of summer school.

I can probably only do this for the dreams that occur on Friday or Saturday nights though, because I don't think I will be able to record my dreams during weekday mornings. Also, I would only make posts about dreams that are particularly interesting or vivid.

So, during the next few days I will update Dream: Terrible Mark in Summer School with my analysis. I hope it's not going to be too bad.