Thursday, May 5, 2011

Avogadro Contest




I am going to be writing the Avogadro contest on May 19th. The Avogadro contest is hosted by the University of Waterloo, and is intended for students who have completed grade 11 chemistry. It is 75-minute long and consists of 40 multiple-choice questions, on topics such as "Structure of Matter, Bonding, Reactions, Solutions, and Gases, and a general knowledge of current affairs. "

Since it is only comprised of multiple-choice questions, it should not be too hard for students to get a perfect score if they know their topics well. However, many of the topics covered in this contest have not been taught in my chemistry class, and for me many questions are almost impossible to do.

This means that I have really need to study hard during these two weeks before the contest. I am really hoping to get a good score in it-- maybe 90-95 percentile? I don't know, but either way it's not going to be easy for me to study well for the contest, especially considering how much homework I have during these two weeks.