Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Grade 11 Timetable

I have always thought that I wouldn't be able to see my grade eleven timetable until September, the reason being that during the summer it would be impossible for me to obtain a copy of it from my school.

And yesterday, I was complaining to my friends about how the school should set up a system where students could view their timetables online. I was looking at some information about online courses, and thought if the school board could have a working system of online learning, then implementing a timetable-viewing system shouldn't be hard either.

Surprisingly, just one day after my complaint, another friend told me that a similar system was indeed in place! He gave a list of instructions as to how to navigate through the complicated website, and after following the instructions, I was able to see my timetable! This was probably the most exciting moment during the summer so far, because I have been wanting to know my schedule since I the day that I chose my courses. 

Anyway, without further ado, here's my schedule:

1st Semester
2nd Semester
Chemistry (12)
Advanced Functions (12)
Functions (11)
Data Management (12)
English (11)
Physics (11)
Financial Accounting (11)
Biology (11)


The classes are all in order (i.e., I will have chemistry first in the morning, functions second, etc), except that the third and fourth classes will alternate everyday. Also, if I am fortunate enough, I am likely to drop accounting and take philosophy instead.

Overall, I am quite content about the schedule. There is one grade twelve course in the first semester and two in the second, making the schedule quite balanced. Also, I am glad that I have English in first Semester, as this will give me the advantage of working on projects over the winter break. I am also happy that all my math courses are in the morning, when my brain is clearer and when I am able to concentrate better.