Sunday, June 19, 2011

Percy Jackson & the Olympians

The fifth and last book of the series

A few days ago, one of my classmates saw me reading Eragon by Christopher Paolini. Eragon is a book about dragons and dragon riders, and since it's a fantasy book, she asked me if I have also read other fantasy novels.

I said no. Well, it wasn't entirely true, because obviously I have read the Harry Potter series before. However, usually when people ask you about the fantasy books that you have read, they are looking for fantasy books other than Harry Potter because Harry Potter is simply too famous.

Anyway, since I have read no other fantasy book, I couldn't talk about them, so I asked the classmate about the fantasy books that she read.

So she started talking about Percy Jackson & the Olympians, which is a pentalogy related to Greek mythology. She explained the settings and general background of the series, and described the story of each book in detail.

Since it was a few days ago, I couldn't remember what she said exactly. However, I do remember that from her description, the books didn't sound bad. Therefore, I decided to make this post so that I won't forget to read them in the future.

One more thing, I looked up the books on wikipedia, and was glad to find that their covers weren't ugly at all.  And since I quite liked the cover arts, I decided to include them in this post.

PercySeamonsters.gifThe titan's curse.jpgPercyBattleLabyrinth.jpg