Sunday, April 15, 2012

Preparing for AP Microeconomics Exam

For my AP economics class, I have go to an afternoon session every Tuesday to learn the AP material and prepare for the AP exam. 

However, for the past few weeks, I have been feeling that these afternoon sessions really aren't enough of a preparation for the exam. This is partly because the lessons are all taught by other students (so sometimes they don't know the materials themselves), and partly because each session is only 1 hour to 1.5 hours long.

Anyway, regardless of why the afternoon sessions are not effective, I will have to do quite a lot of studying on my own. So just a while ago, I have placed hold on several AP microeconomics books, and I am planning to go through all of them once they have arrived. In addition, I am planning on making a blog post on each of the topics that may be covered in the exam. These include:
  • Consumer and Producer Surplus
  • Income and Cross-price elasticity
  • Perfect competition
  • Monopoly
  • Monopolistic competition
  • Oligopoly 
  • Collusion
  • Game theory
  • Factor markets
  • Market failures

That's 10 topics that I have to cover in four weeks (the AP exam isn't actually that far away)! I must thoroughly study six for the next two weeks, and then the other four during the remaining two weeks. Ugh, such a busy studying schedule, considering that this is something "extra."