Wednesday, June 6, 2012

No Time To Think

Many important things have arisen in the past few months, many of them worth some reflections. However, I have been so busy that I couldn't find time to write my thoughts down— this is demonstrated by the fact that almost all recent my posts are school-related. 

Even if I didn't have the time to write posts on the issues/topics, I always thought to myself: it's fine, I can just think about it. But I rarely did. I was always so occupied with other things that I'd only got time to think when on the bus or during the few minutes before I fall asleep each day. And I was always so tired during those times that I couldn't think properly.

So in short, I didn't spend nearly enough time thinking about those important things.

To make matters even worse, I seemed to have stopped thinking about the random and seemingly unimportant stuff. I no longer tried to imagine strangers' lives when I walked on streets. I no longer looked at the electric posts and thought about all the advertisements and scratches on them. I no longer wondered why things were the way they were.

I have become too preoccupied with all the things going on in my life.

This reminds me of Fahrenheit 451, in which the pace of life was so fast that people no longer thought critically. I remember (probably incorrectly) how Clarisse was lamenting the fact that people didn't have to time sit on their lawns and just think. And now, I am lamenting the fact that I do not have the time to sit down and just think.

Oh, I wish life was less busy.

That's it for my rant. Meanwhile, I have to organize my time better, so that I can allocate more time to thinking, and to doing other more meaningful things.