Monday, February 21, 2011

SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)

Even though I live in Canada and am not required to take the SAT, my parents still want me to take it to enhance my English skills.

I've done some sections of grammar and vocabulary in the practice tests, and unfortunately on average I only got 80% right in the grammar section and 75% right in the vocabulary section.

I don't think there is a very good way to practice my grammar except reading a lot of books, and perhaps doing some writing as well. Well, I could read some grammar books, but it is ironic that I actually got one question wrong because I followed what a grammar book said.

As for vocabulary, I can and should study hard for it. I have actually seen the majority of the words in the practice test before, but without the sentences, I could not recall many of their meanings. My goal is that starting tomorrow I will start studying from Online vocabulary lists, and record any unfamiliar word that I encounter into a notebook.

I hope that I will be able to keep this will to study for a long time, and study for the SAT very hard unless I really have too much school work to do. I am sure that if I study long enough, there will be a difference  in my English skills which will benefit me on the long run.